For Rotating Machine & Power Plant Applications
Doble’s EMI Surveyor is an in-service, EMI testing solution that can identify more than 70 different electrical and mechanical defects in generators, motors, bus duct and other high-voltage (HV) electrical plant equipment.
The EMI Surveyor measures the release of electromagnetic (EMI) energy resulting from HV electrical insulation-related partial discharge defects, corona, random noise, as well as LV/HV mechanical conductor-related arcing defects and sparking.
The EMI Surveyor includes all the accessories needed for a comprehensive EMI testing assessment: PDS200 spectrum analyzer, EMI sniffer, split-core high-frequency current transformer, wireless synchronization adapter and all required antennae and cables.
- Portable, easy to use, handheld devices
- Packaged kit includes all accessories needed for a comprehensive EMI assessment
- Provides dual EMI and RFI partial discharge spectrum capabilities
- Easily connects to multiple sensors including high-frequency current transformers, UHF drain valve, TEV probes, and directional antennae for various applications
- Acoustically listen to radio noise generated from defects
- Signal can be power cycle synchronized to facilitate phase resolved PD analysis
- Efficiently plan outages by improving prioritization of needed maintenance & repairs
- Non-invasive, in-service electrical “system assessment” surveying solution
- No permanent high-voltage connections mitigating arc flash hazards
- Proven technology providing asset maintenance recommendations after the first test