About Transformer Test Equipment
DV Power test instruments perform various diagnostic tests on power and instrument transformers. Even more, a unique feature is a condition assessment of on-load tap changers. Performing a transformer test before their breakage can be crucial.
Test instruments are portable and enclosed in durable metal cases. Also, the 19” rack-mounted version suitable for factories is available as well.
Applications supported by DV Power transformer test equipment include:
- Winding resistance measurement (IEC 60076-1)
- Analysis of on-load tap changers (IEC 60214-1)
- Heat run test (IEC 60076-2)
- Automatic transformer demagnetization
- Turns ratio measurement of power and instrument transformers (IEC 60076-1)
- Excitation current measurement
- Phase angle measurement
- Transformer vector group detection
- Demagnetization status verification
The analysis of on-load tap changers is performed by the new method called dynamic resistance measurement (DRM). This is a non-intrusive method. Therefore, it allows detecting problems in on-load tap changers without disassembling them.