Online Non Intrusive screening of Your Transformers
Prescon Engineering offers state of the art prognosis for in-service power and distribution transformers in the industries and utilities. This unique Level 1 CBM program consists of 6 part evaluation methodology unique to PRESCON only: PRESCON Engineers can help you identify the failure prone transformers. We use precision calibrated equipment, experienced staff and world’s leading Doble USA Oil testing facility.
This L1 survey will be carried out on all (100%) population of the transformers.
We will perform in L1
- Online partial discharge (which will identify the transformer winding insulation, is there any partial discharges or corona ? we will diagnose it )
- Online acoustic analysis (any de-alignment or stressed vibration at its initial stage can be diagnose into your transformer )
- Online thermography services, (which will identify the lossness of the joints of any hot points if present that may cause the serious flash in the future, this will diagnose it)
- Visual Inspection (we have expert engineers who have already tested more the 700 assets all over in Pakistan)
- Trend analysis (Previous trend will be analyzed by our engineers )
- Dissolve gas analysis (non-combustible gasses are produced under high pressure and temperature when insulating oil interact with the insulation of the winding cellulose, different types of nine gas identify the different chemistry which is going on into the transformer )
- Age (age also plays a critical role for assessment of life cycle of transformer )
AHI (Asset Health Index) is developed by putting a number and weightage factor for each of the results taken per L1 strategy defined above. The table thus created might look like this:
Based on the health index developed as a result, transformers which show evolving or existing fault condition would be put in L2 investigations. L2 consists of C&DF of winding/bushing, SFRA, Leakage Reactance, Excitation Current, Turns Ratio, Winding Ratio, Insulation Resistance / DAR. Further detailed oil testing could be needed like Furan analysis
The advantages of this screening are:
- No need for shutdown. Everything will be done with Transformer in Service. No loss of revenue.
- All techniques are well established around the globe.
- Services are very economical as compared to offline testing.
- Can be easily managed in one or two days, once or twice a year.
- Client can plan L2 to activities based on the indexing this developed well before a planned shutdown.
- Doble US lab will be utilized for Oil testing. Although not mentioned but for first timers Furan Analysis will be included.
For more information get in touch with us here.