PD Surveyor with EMI Capabilities
The PDS200 Surveyor is a partial discharge surveyor tool with EMI capabilities. It identifies and analyzes radio frequency (RFI) and lower frequency electromagnetic (EMI) emissions. These are associated with faulty or degraded insulation and other system defects.
The PDS200 uses EMI analysis to discriminate between different defects and discharge sources in transformers, cable terminations, high-voltage substation and plant equipment.
Use the PDS200 to quickly make a system wide survey.
The PDS200 connects with a variety of sensors for various applications. It can be purchased on its own or as part of a packaged kit, such as the EMI Surveyor.
- Easy to use, handheld device with large display screen
- Captures the electromagnetic emissions in the RFI and EMI spectrum and displays a “fingerprint” of the defect causing the radiation
- Select measurement parameters to maximize sensitivity to emissions
- Synchronize signal capture to the power cycle to facilitate phase resolved PD analysis
- Connect to a variety of sensors (HFCTs, probes, directional antenna) for different applications
- Synchronous sampling and display of detector outputs provides discrimination of telecommunication carriers, noise and discharge phenomena
- Logging of key parameters for trending of emissions
- Quickly perform surveys without costly outages
- No physical connections to the unit under test; detection method is truly non-invasive
- Safe, effective method to detect insulation and mechanical defects
- Immediate trending of measurements
- Record and analyze the emissions to make decisions for further actions