M5400 – Sweep Frequency Response Analyzer
Use the Doble M5400 Sweep Frequency Response Analysis test set to investigate mechanical integrity of transformers, reactors and other equipment consisting of windings. If you measure the frequency response of a winding then you can identify winding movement.
The M5400 sends an excitation signal into the transformer and measures the returning signals. Comparing this response to baseline readings and results from similar units allows you to identify deviations and confirm internal mechanical problems.
The M5400 reduces the uncertainty about apparatus condition by providing solid evidence of mechanical integrity or winding movement. Use it to help determine how a transformer is deteriorating, if it can go back in service after a fault or if it has been damaged during transit.
Apply the M5400 during factory tests, after transportation, crane delivery, system faults or even routine maintenance in order to get a baseline test result for future evaluations.
- Instrument sends excitation signals to transformer and measures the returning signals across a broad frequency range
- Provides a frequency response measurement from 10 Hz to 25 MHz
- Measures frequency response at logarithmically spaced intervals of 1.2%
- Auto-scales each frequency measurement for an overall dynamic range of 80 dB with a ±1 dB accuracy
- Highest combination of dynamic range and accuracy available
- Ensure transformer performance, reduce maintenance costs and increase the service life of transformers
- Identify problems such as core movement, winding deformation & displacement, faulty core grounds, partial winding collapse, hoop buckling, broken or loose clamping structures, shorted turns and open windings
- Use as part of your regular maintenance program or any time you suspect a problem
- Measurements are highly repeatable so even subtle changes can be used for diagnostic purposes