Protection Testing Software
Simulate, monitor and test IEDs on your digital substation network with Doble’s 61850 TesT Software.
Use with Doble’s F6150sv and Protection Suite software to apply sampled values (SV) and generic substation event (GSE) simulations to functionally test, receive status messages and get more data from substation devices.
Create fault conditions to verify control scheme coordination to ensure proper design of IED logic.
Use this IEC 61850 test software to identify and map logical nodes or objects to virtual inputs on the F6150sv. Then use Doble’s Protection Suite testing software to verify compliance of your IEDs with IEC 61850 requirements.
- Loads multiple IEC 61850 substation configurations or various types of SCL files (ICD, IID, CID, SED, and SCD)
- Retrieves and generates IED and SCL files that comply with IEC 61850 parts 6 and 7 (edition 1 or edition 2)
- Browses the IED’s data model
- Scans and captures substation network traffic for GSE and SV messages and their datasets
- Logs GSE messages and reports from IEDs; log files can be saved for further analysis later
- PC-based IED simulator for publishing GOOSE messages and client/server reports automatically using scripts, or manually
- Saves GSE and SV signals in COMTRADE format for later viewing and analysis
- Provides a well-organized approach in selecting and defining GSE messages and signals
- Easy-to-use interface for viewing messages and their datasets
- Plan your testing scenarios in a laboratory or offline and use the saved configuration files in the field for efficient testing and commissioning
- Easy modifications in the field can be made for troubleshooting
- Provides better awareness and confidence in the test and test results
- More complete investigation through time aligned view of logged events and data traffic from GSE messages and MMS messages from clients and servers